While we are fortunate to live in one of the best cities in the world, we all have a role to play in making a welcoming, fairer, and more inclusive Somerset Ward. As your Councillor, I will:
- Work with city staff to rebrand, renew and promote the Essential Health and Social Supports (EHSS) program so that no renter fears being evicted from their home because of financial issues.
- Work on building safe, sustainable, and accessible public washrooms in key locations throughout Somerset Ward for residents and visitors.
- Increase antiracism training for front-line services such as transit, health care, recreation and library services across Ottawa.
- Advocate for more multilingual signs for front facing services in Somerset Ward, especially libraries and recreation centres.
- Push OC Transpo to improve multilingual communication for train, bus, and ParaTranspo services.
Do you like this page?